Respect the environment
To ensure the integration of our industry in a protected environment, we are engaged since many years in development that respects nature.
Our priorities :
- respect the environmental regulation = a required minimum
- preserve water resources and promote renewable energies = take only the necessary resources
- prevent and reduce emissions of all kinds = protect our environment
For this, we must constantly innovate and invest in increasingly clean and efficient processes.
Our organisations of poultry production are also involved in an environmental approach through:
- optimisation of energy consumption
- landscape integration of livestock buildings.
Thus an entire sector that engages and mobilises to respect the environment.
1. WATER – « To be consumed with moderation »
1.1. Water, essential resource for our business, should be used rationally through actions to reduce or recycle when usage permit.
Issue of public supply systems or private drillings, water is used for the production process process of our products, hygiene and cleaning of equipment and facilities, as well as for cooling processes.
The water is thus used in various forms, liquid, steam, chilled water, as needed in production processes.
Some examples of the work we do to respect it
- Réduction of the water supply lines and production staff training
- Improved cleaning equipment (high pressure cleaning, water-saving nozzles)
- Getting closed circuit cooling systems
1.2. Effluents, produced after use of water, benefit from different techniques of pretreatments and purifying treatments for which we conduct a sustained investments to improve quality.
Some examples of the work we do to protect them
- Our company has twenty five internal stations purifying sites. Two internal purification plants were upgraded in 2014/2015.
- In 2014/2015, three pretreatments have been installed or optimized.
2. ENERGY – « know how to make warm with cold »
Energy saving, essential to our business, are a priority for us.
Indeed energy is used for the production of cold necessary to preserve food products, as well as cooking methods of our convenience and further processed products ranges.
In addition, the Upstream division is engaged for several years in a dynamic energy control resulting in the modernisation of French farms or construction of new buildings that meet strict standards.
Some examples of the work we do to save it
- Installing exchangers for heat recovery in refrigeration systems (type “Heat Pump”)
- Regulation of energy consumption to fit the need by deploying computerized management
2.2. ISO 50 001, the international standard for improving energy efficiency and reducing energy consumption, stands out as a major area of work for our plants.
Some examples of the work we do to be compliant
- At the end of 2015 twenty three group companies are certified IS0 50001 : 2011
- The other sites will engage in regulatory energy audits
2.3. Les GHG (Greenhouse Gas), a major challenge of climate change.
For our logistics (food transport, live poultry and finished products):
Actions to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (development of eco-driving, route optimization and loading trucks, investment in “cleaner” vehicles)
For refrigeration gases : anticipation of the ban on Freon (harmful to the ozone layer) through a replacement program began several years ago.
GHG statements : achievement in 2012 for each respective company followed by a management plan.
Some examples of the work we do to reduce our emissions
- In 2015, senventy five percent of environmental investments were devoted to energy
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - SOCIETE NOUVELLE DE VOLAILLE Download 75.98 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société MARIE SURGELES Download 79.59 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société MARIE Download 72.26 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société L.D.C. SABLE Download 72.31 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société LDC BOURGOGNE Download 73.12 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société La Toque Angevine Download 63.23 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société CELVIA Download 70.11 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société ARRIVE Download 62.08 Ko
- Bilan d'émissions de GES - Société AGIS Download 72.76 Ko
3. PACKAGING & BY-PRODUCTS– « nothing is lost, everything is transformed »
3.1. Packaging, major elements of conservation of our products
Eco-design the packaging of tomorrow, by reducing their weight and improving their composition to improve their end of life.
Some examples of the work we do to reduce their impact
- Reducing film thickness and board
- Integration of recycled materials where possible (gathering packages)
- Green dot pact signed in collaboration with Eco-Packaging late 2012.
3.2. By-products come from our production activities and can be of varying nature (feathers, used oils etc.)
Our main objective: to reduce waste at the source by limiting losses on lines and assaying at the fair each ingredient.
Make the most, according dies developed internally or with partners.
Examples of actions we do to reduce them
- Reuse duvets duck in the textile industry
- Recycling of frying oils
- Anaerobic digestion of fats from wastewater treatment plant
- Composting livestock bedding.